- Add $15,000 to the Empire portfolio through dividends, contributions and trading gains.
- Add $30,000 to the Retirement portfolio through paycheck deductions and dividends.
- Average $500 per month investment income from options, dividends and swing trading activities. – So far so good!
Empire Portfolio Goals:
- Contribute at least $10,000.00 to the portfolio – Completed!
- At least $1,000.00 will come from other investing activities (options, swing trading or day trading) – Completed!
- Earn $1,000.00 in dividend income – Failed
- Sell options to earn extra income (calls & puts) and to acquire stock at attractive prices (puts) – Completed!
Retirement Portfolio Goals:
- Contribute at least $25,000.00 to the portfolio – Completed!
- Earn $3,000.00 in dividend income – Completed!
- Write a total of 75 blog posts in 2016 – Failed
- Create a day trading website to track my other investing activities. Completed!
- Earn extra income
- Earn at least $250 in ad revenue and writing from my two websites – Completed!
- Earn at least $3,000 from day trading and swing trading – Completed!
- Earn at least $500 from selling unwanted & unneeded items around the house – Completed!
Short Term Goals (Through 2019)
- Grow the Dividend Empire portfolio to over $100,000.00
- Contribute at least $15,000.00 per year
- Increase number of diversified holdings to at least 20
- Receive over $3,500.00 in dividends per year
- Have a portfolio yield on cost of at least 4%
- Earn income from dividendempire.com to cover website cost – Completed!
- Earn advertising and affiliate revenue from the website
- Earn income from article submissions
- Short Term Dividend Retirement portfolio goals:
- Grow the portfolio to over $250,000.00
- Receive over $9000 in dividends per year
Long Term Goals (2020 – 2032 (Age 50))
- Grow the Dividend Empire portfolio to over $1,000,000.00
- Earn over $50,000.00 in dividends per year
- Earn enough revenue from dividendempire.com to contribute substantially to the portfolio
- Long Term Dividend Retirement portfolio goals:
- Grow the portfolio to over $2,000,000.00
- Earn and live off of at least $100,000.00 in dividends per year
3/30/2015: First stock purchase for the Dividend Empire portfolio – 25sh of AAPL
4/8/2015: Achieved a 2015 goal – Initial investment of $15k. Initial stocks purchased = AAPL, F, KO, WFC, T, XOM.
4/8/2015: Achieved a 2015 goal – Diversify across at least 5 sectors. Sectors owned = goods, energy, financials, technology, telecommunications.
4/8/2015: Achieved a 2015 goal – Initial $15k investment yields > 3%. Initial yield is 3.35%.
4/12/2015: Achieved a 2015 goal – Start a blog.
5/1/2015: First dividend received in the Dividend Empire portfolio – AT&T (T, $47).
12/31/15: Completed 2015 Empire dividend goal & retirement portfolio value goal.